There is so much at stake with your scholarship application. It is so important that you take a few moments to take care of these few “Do’s” of the scholarship application process:
1. DO make sure you understand the mission of the organization offering the scholarship or award. Know everything you can about the organization to increase your chances of winning a scholarship.
2. DO make sure you show how you fit the mission of the organization offering the scholarship award. Everything with your application show be catered to projecting the image to the Judges that you are the “winner”.
3. DO make sure that your application reflects that you are so very proud of all of your accomplishments. Your application should celebrate your accomplishments without being arrogant about it. Make sure your application really stands out and appeals to your audience: the organization’s scholarship selection committee.
4. DO make sure that you present the most appealing and captivating Scholarship Resume possible. When people think of resumes, they think of resumes for job interviews. There are also “scholarship resumes” – special resumes catering to the Selection Committees of scholarships.
5. DO make sure that you highlight your leadership skills in your application. Most scholarship judges want to see how much potential you have so that they know that by awarding you the scholarship, you are capable of doing great things in your community.
Here are the Top 5 “Do’s” of the scholarship application process. With so much money on the line, please make sure you take a lot of time preparing for your success with the scholarship application process. The best way to prepare for your success is to learn from other people’s successes and mistakes and minimize your risks.
Whatever you do, DON’T miss the deadlines and never turn in an incomplete application. It will make a bad first impression and nothing ruins an opportunity that a bad first impression.